Deluxe Upper Mustang Trek -17 days
Deluxe Upper Mustang trek, typically known as the "rain shadow" trekking region of the Mustang district in Nepal. Jomsom is the headquarters as well as the only airport in the Mustang district, which is the gateway to the Lower and Upper Mustang regions. During the 17-day upper Mustang trek, you will have experience of the best available lodges and guest houses. Until 1992, upper Mustang hiking was restricted to districts and still dominated by its own local king. There are many Tibetan inhabitants in Mustang, and many people speak both Tibetan and Nepali. The main highlights of this trek are the centuries-old monasteries, its magnificent geographical attractions, unique chortens and houses, typical local people and their cultures, and the mountains.
The mustang region is located above the tree-lined and desert regions, with a dry climate even during the monsoon season (July-September).When other trekking regions attract heavy rain, the Mustang district receives less rain in summer or monsoon months. That’s why it is normally possible to hike in Mustang in the summer too.
Muktinath Temple: One of the most holy temples, known as the Temple of Vishnu, is sacred to both Hindus and Buddhists. Lo-manthang was the walled capital of the Mustang district and is now a rural municipality. During this deluxe upper Mustang trek, you will trek up to the Lo-manthang and return the same way to Jomsom. Kagbeni is the main entrance to Upper Mustang, a trek with a special hiking permit of a minimum of 10 days or more with a fixed itinerary to enter this forbidden kingdom.
From Pokhara, you will fly to Jomsom to start the trek and fly back to Pokhara after the trek. However, driving to Jomsom is another option if a flight is canceled due to the weather. Optionally, you can do a side trek from Tatopani to Ghorepani.
What is the deluxe upper Mustang trek? Why do you join this trek with us?
The Deluxe Upper Mustang Trek is an upgraded trek package for high-quality trekking service that includes the best lodge accommodation, the best hygienic meals, and four domestic flights from Kathmandu to Pokhara to Jomsom and back. All of the hotels in Kathmandu and Pokhara are three or five stars, depending on the package you book with us. In order to get the best quality service at the best price, you have to book this trek with us.
Is this trekking for me? How difficult is the Deluxe Upper Mustang Trek?
The highest altitude of this trek is less than 4000m. It is a moderate-level trek. Previous trekking experience is not really necessary. However, it will support your physical fitness. It is recommended to start exercising in preparation.
The best season for the Deluxe Upper Mustang Trek
Since upper Mustang trekking lies in the rain shadow area, it does not rain heavily in the monsoon or summer season. That’s why you can do this trek in the summer months (July-September) too. However, the best months to do this trek are September to November and March to May.
Comfortable, deluxe accommodations and hygienic meals
- Deluxe 3 or 5-star (depending on the package) Hotel accommodation in KATHMANDU on twin share with breakfast (2 nights)
- Deluxe 3 or 5-star (depending on the package) Hotel accommodation in POKHARA on twin share with breakfast (2 nights)
- 3 nights at a deluxe mountain lodge or guest house with an attached bathroom, including hot and cold showers.
- 9 nights at the best selected lodge or guest house with a common bathroom including hot and cold showers.
- There are 3 hygienic vegetarian or non-vegetarian meals per day: breakfast, lunch, and dinner (you can choose meals from all over the Lodge every day).
- Tea/coffee or other hot beverages during breakfast, lunch, and dinner (5–6 cups per day).
- seasonal fruits and additional biscuit/cookies snacks
Private transportation that is comfortable
- private, comfortable vehicle tour of Kathmandu city & Pokhara City as specified in the itinerary.
- All airport transfers by private, comfortable vehicle (international and domestic airport pick-up and drop-off as included in the itinerary).
baggage allowance and domestic flights.
- Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu flight tickets
- Pokhara- Jomsom- Pokhara flights
- The baggage allowance on the Pokhara flight is 15 kg, and we include 5 kg extra for free, for a total of 20 kg per person.
Professional Private Sherpa guides & porters
- professional English-speaking tour guide for sightseeing in the city as specified in the itinerary.
- A professional English-speaking guide for the trek
- Porter who is professional, dependable, helpful, and friendly (1 porter for every two people sharing)
- Daily wage, lodging, meals, and guide and porter insurance.
Trekking permits and entrance fees
- Entrance fees to all UNESCO heritage sites during city sightseeing in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Annapurna conservation Area Project( ACAP) Entrance Fee
- Mustang restricted area special permit for 10 days (US$ 500) per person
- The local government fee
- Trekker’s information management system (TIMS) fee
Free information or guest services.
- guide to purchasing trekking clothing or equipment, as well as any other required wholesale shopping in Kathmandu.
- Support in the case of baggage loss or delay in Kathmandu from international flights to Nepal
- Support to exchange money, get a local SIM card
- 24/7 emergency call support.
- Free safe baggage storage service during the trek
Free welcome dinner & farewell professional body massage after the trek
- We offer a free welcome Nepalese dinner with authentic Nepalese cultural dances on arrival day, or if you arrive late on arrival night, this will be provided on the second day.
- After the trek, you will receive a FREE 1-hour Ayurvedic full-body massage as a treatment for your tired body.
Other free services include:
- A down sleeping bag and a down jacket are provided at no cost.
- Free use of water bottles
- Free use of trekking poles
- Free use of porter duffel bags (you can take them after the trek if you like).
- First Aid Kit
- Trekking certificate
- Trekking Map
- The company's gift