Deluxe Kanchenjunga base camp trek-21 days
Deluxe This Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek by NETTA is an adventure trekking or hiking around the base camp of the world's third highest mountain. The trek to Kanchenjunga base camp is very remote, totally rural and cultural. It is one of the moderate-to-challenging treks that includes several passes with ups and downs during the entire trek. Biratnagar is the domestic airport where we fly in and fly out before and after our trek to Kanchenjunga. Suketar is the starting and ending point of this remote trek in the eastern part of Nepal.
Nepal Trekking Tourism & Adventure (NETTA) is a government-registered trekking company. The 21-day itinerary is the shortest teahouse itinerary in Kanchenjunga base camp, prepared and well planned by Netta. It’s been nearly 8 years since there were very basic facilities like local tea houses or homestays throughout the trek these days for small group treks. For the large number of group treks, we organize well-prepared camping treks.
Depending on your timeframe, the itinerary can be a few days shorter or longer, up to 30 days. Compared to other famous trekking regions in Nepal, Kanchenjunga has very few trekkers who visit off the beaten trekking trail.
Is this trekking for me? How difficult is the Deluxe Kanchenjunga Camp trek?
This trek is called a demanding trek. However, if you are physically fit and mentally prepared for a remote area trek, previous experience is not really necessary for a trek like this. However, prior trekking or hiking experience is always advantageous. The highest altitude for this trek is Yalung base camp, at 5400m. We suggest you start exercising daily for 2-3 months if you wish to complete this trek within the itinerary we have presented here.
The best season for the Deluxe Kanchenjunga base camp trek:
The best months for a deluxe Kanchenjunga base camp trek are September-November in the autumn season and March-May in the spring season. June and September are early and ending monsoon seasons, so weather can change at anytime. Early December is a very nice month for this trek in early winter.
Comfortable, deluxe accommodations and hygienic meals
- Deluxe 3 or 5-star (depending on the package) Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on twin share with breakfast (4 nights).
- 16 nights at the best selected lodge or guest house with a common bathroom including hot and cold showers.
- There are 3 hygienic vegetarian or non-vegetarian meals per day: breakfast, lunch, and dinner (you can choose meals from all over the Lodge every day).
- Tea/coffee or other hot beverages during breakfast, lunch, and dinner (5–6 cups per day).
- seasonal fruits and additional biscuit/cookies snacks
Private transportation that is comfortable
- private, comfortable vehicle tour of Kathmandu city as specified in the itinerary.
- All airport transfers by private, comfortable vehicle (international and domestic airport pick-up and drop-off as included in the itinerary).
- Biratnagar- Taplejung- Biratnagar by Private Jeep( Before/after trek)
baggage allowance and domestic flights.
- Kathmandu-Biratnagar-Kathmandu flight tickets
- The baggage allowance on the Biratnagar flight is 15 kg, and we include 5 kg extra for free, for a total of 20 kg per person.
Professional Private Sherpa guides & porters
- professional English-speaking tour guide for sightseeing in the city as specified in the itinerary.
- A professional English-speaking guide for the trek
- Porter who is professional, dependable, helpful, and friendly (1 porter for every two people sharing)
- Daily wage, lodging, meals, and guide and porter insurance.
Trekking permits and entrance fees
- Entrance fees to all UNESCO heritage sites during city sightseeing
- Kanchenjunga National Park Fee
- Kanchenjunga Restricted area trek permit
- The local government fee
- Trekker’s information management system (TIMS) fee
Free information or guest services.
- guide to purchasing trekking clothing or equipment, as well as any other required wholesale shopping in Kathmandu.
- Support in the case of baggage loss or delay in Kathmandu from international flights to Nepal
- Support to exchange money, get a local SIM card
- 24/7 emergency call support.
- Free safe baggage storage service during the trek
Free welcome dinner & farewell professional body massage after the trek
- We offer a free welcome Nepalese dinner with authentic Nepalese cultural dances on arrival day, or if you arrive late on arrival night, this will be provided on the second day.
- After the trek, you will receive a FREE 1-hour Ayurvedic full-body massage as a treatment for your tired body.
Other free services include:
- A down sleeping bag and a down jacket are provided at no cost.
- Free use of water bottles
- Free use of trekking poles
- Free use of porter duffel bags (you can take them after the trek if you like).
- First Aid Kit
- Trekking certificate
- Trekking Map
- The company's gift